Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To-Do list, pre-research edition

Holy crap, somehow time passed quicker than I realized, and now I have a bare week before I pack up and head out to Research City.  I'm beginning to get that beheaded-chicken feeling, so I'm imposing my to-do list on all of you.  I know, mea culpa, yadda yadda.  I'll do something interesting later.
  1. Go to the store and pick up this little guy to create a secondary back-up of my computer.
  2. Crank out the remaining apps for everything due in the next week or so.  (Yeah, it's not good that these still remain undone.)
  3. Pick up some dental care sundries.
  4. Fill out and mail off the insurance 'reimbursement' form for my last check-up, which won't actually reimburse me because I'm no longer in DOU-Town and thus my out-of-pocket costs are way higher.  (Tell me again: why can't we just re-tool the health care system to resemble the French system?)
  5. Buy a present for a friend in Research City.
  6. Arrange for a bound copy of my dissertation as a gesture of gratitude to a colleague in Research City.
  7. Drop by Alma Mater Undergrad College library (hooray for alumni resources!) and borrow the book I ordered for last-minute catch-up reading.
I'm probably forgetting something, but that's everything I can think of at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment