Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Five in one evening

I managed to crank out five completed job applications this evening.  Good grief.  I dared myself to try, thinking I wouldn't actually succeed.  But here I am.  Still, seven more job apps to go before I clear all of the deadlines that fall during the first week of November.

Now that my right shoulder is aching from typing and my left lower back is aching from sitting in two different office chairs and my car for so many damn hours today, I'm going to soothe myself with a glass of Zinfandel and a heating pad.

Three more days until Fall Break...

8 comments:

  1. Dear me...My record is 3 in one day. I thought I was going to throw up and/or die. You deserve that zin, pal. Treat. Yo. Self. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4if6QkDbo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *high-fives you* I think I may have hit five on my best days, but only when I wasn't teaching, so I had all day. I hope you enjoyed that glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taught two classes yesterday, too. *gestures arrogantly at self*

      And yes, the wine was delicious.

      Delete
    2. Well done, dude!

      Hey - it's been too long since we've seen you. I've got a conference coming up the first weekend of November, but I would like to figure out a time to at least get coffee. And Hubby misses you too. :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you! When I saw your title, I thought of the Grimm brothers' fairy tale about the clever tailor--"seven at one blow!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had precisely that in mind. It occurred to me, though, that I didn't want to title a blog post "five in one blow," given the supremely creepy nature of teh internetz. Not all blog traffic is good traffic.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful. That means by the end of this weekend you will have all pending applications ready to be mailed!!!!! :)

    Enjoy the break!

    AP

    ReplyDelete